Organizational Transformation and Transition
Change is hard. Planning for it shouldn’t be.
Successful organizational change requires a good plan and superb follow-through on execution. Method Frameworks developed our methodology for organizational transformation and transition to help businesses successfully change themselves when reorganizing, merging or acquiring other companies. The need for change management also comes into play when business processes are optimized, technology systems are updated or some other type of sweeping organizational transformation will occur. All of these situations impact the people that make up the organization and must be considered and planned for in terms of fostering acceptance within the workforce and quickly returning the operations to high productivity. In such circumstances, there is no substitute for having the knowledge, process and experience of a world-class planning and change management consulting company like Method Frameworks.
Our Change Management Approach
Our framework helps our clients plan effectively for transformation, avoiding the many possible mistakes that might otherwise compromise the mission. We begin with the development of a road map for the change that charts the course every step of the way from your current day model to the new organization. The resulting transition plan is thoughtful, thorough and can be implemented on your own or with our help. Where business process change is involved, our behavioral science based approach is applied to the evaluation of people, the model and organizational performance - threading the needle between the four major components of the business ecosystem:
Only when these components are analyzed and planned for holistically, with overall profitability sharply in focus, can we expect optimal performance to be achieved.
The issue is that transformations are often met with resistance as members of the organization must shift their way of thinking, learn new skills, and deal with unfamiliar situations, often ambiguous situations and many other uncomfortable realities that come along with the change management process.
When it comes to organizational transformation there are four key factors that determine the success or failure of the management of change:
- How the goal of the process, including the vision for the organization and sense of urgency, is communicated internally.
- How the organization uses its power centers to create organizational support.
- How the leaders understand and leverage human behavior and staff motivations.
- How the transformation is planned.
Our approach does the following:
- Helps build the necessarily sense of urgency
- Helps identify and build the transformation team / coalition
- Guides the development of transformation vision and strategy
- Addresses communication requirements and strategy
- Helps remove roadblocks to change by fostering empowered players in the process
- Creates excitement by showing visible progress through metrics and short-term successes
- Anchors change through performance and productivity objectives
There are four major phases of transition (see graphic below). This diagram represents an inevitable or certain process that must and will run its course, in its entirety. By employing the change management steps outlined in our process and the guidance given by Method Frameworks, our goal is to shorten the cycle time and bring your organization to the Commit stage as quickly as possible.
- Denial: Business as usual or focus on the past
- Resistance: Anger, blame, anxiety, attrition.
- Exploration: Over preparation, energy, lack of focus
- Commitment: Cooperation, focus, teamwork
We exceed at making you succeed.
Our business is built on planning for your success and helping you accomplish meaningful change. If you are not currently a Method Frameworks client, join the growing number of Fortune-500 companies and small-to-medium sized businesses that are. Learn more about our capabilities and explore more reasons why Method Frameworks is the right choice for your organization. Visit with us today to learn more about how we can help your organization plan and accomplish change. Request a call and talk to one of our change management consultants.
Download our Guide to Change Management
Our guide to successful change management, called "Transforming the Organization", is a 17 page complimentary resource to help your organization initiate a successful corporate change management program, accomplish organizational transformation and make it stick.
In this change management guide, we cover the following:
- Defining change management
- Exploring why change management is a big deal
- Examining why change management is considered difficult to do well
- Describing how to do change management effectively
- Discussing what challenges to expect during the change process
- Setting expectations about what to expect if change management is done well
Download Transforming the Organization in PDF format now.
Did You Find What You Were Looking For?
Try using our Consulting Services Snapshot as a tool to quickly find the information you are looking for.
Vermont Facilitated Workshops and Planning Retreats
Advance booking is underway for the next 24 months, but dates remain open for this year.
Learn more about our Facilitated Planning Workshops and Retreats packages.